Image Map

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

1949, the year Canada joined Newfoundland


1949 is actually the year that Newfoundland became a province of Canada. However, as far as the people on the Rock are concerned, the rest of Canada joined them.

I recently travelled to Ottawa, ON to visit some friends, and celebrate the birthday of my friend Caitlin. She is an awfully inspiring girl who can bake anything she puts her mind to. Check it out for yourself! While I was visiting we had the opportunity to go skating on the Rideau Canal, which is the World’s Largest Skating Rink, and we stopped briefly to enjoy a Beaver Tail. We decided that we felt very Canadian (and proud) during this little event, and it made me think of my friends in Newfoundland, and their homeland pride. Never before in my life have I met people who are so united in a sense of pride and accomplishment for the place they call home.

 

 What gives you a sense of pride?


1 comment:

  1. yay, skating was so fun! glad we got the chance to do it. just in the nick of time because it's closed now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)