Image Map

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Moose in Mysterious Places

One day at the Discovery Centre, in Woody Point, we noticed a large brown creature walking around the front of the building. When I went out the main doors, this is what I found:

A young bull moose (about 1 1/2 years) wandered into our little pond for a drink.
Cow moose and calf on a ridge, can you spot them?

I have many more photos of moose, as I was lucky to see many during my trips out there. Such a beautiful creature. It's amazing to think that the population on the Island is approximately 500 000, and the moose population is about 125 000!!! That means the ratio of moose to people is more than 1:5; crazy!!!

You learn something new everyday! Stay tuned for some yummy treats coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)