Image Map

Friday, March 4, 2011

From Hooking to Stripping

This time round I am using old t-shirts for my rug-hooking. The benefits of t-shirts is the vibrant colours, the durability of the fibre (especially if I want to make a floor rug), and very low material costs. Last time I went home to visit my parents, my brother was on reading week. I asked both him and my dad, "do you have any t-shirts you are willing to donate to the craft fund?". By the end of the day they had both gone through their closets and drawers and I had about 20 t-shirts ready and waiting to be turned into crafts! So here is some of the stripping I've been working on. Some of this was completed a little over a year ago when I had a stripping part with some friends - thanks girls!


And in case you were wondering, I did share my finds with Crystal, and and she managed to make a super cute t-shirt and sweet pair of striped pants for Loo.

Have a wonderful Friday! It's a beautiful sunny day here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)