Image Map

Saturday, April 23, 2011

From The Box: Easy Coleslaw

The Good Food Box is available in cities throughout Ontario. They purchase fruit and veggies from local (or as close to as possible) farms and suppliers and distribute all around Ontario. I purchased my Good Food Box from the local health unit for $15, and look at all that I found inside:
  • potatoes
  • apples
  • oranges
  • onions
  • rutabaga
  • cabbage
  • green onions
  • lemon
  • garlic
  • strawberries
  • not in photo: lettuce, cucumber


I was super impressed! Look at all the great food I got for only $15! I want to check the actual prices of the fruit and veggies and compare to what I paid, but I guarantee it would have cost a lot more. So with all these tasty treats I am going to try some new and interesting recipes, and I will of course share with you! First up:


Easy Coleslaw
2 cups    cabbage, sliced
3            baby carrots, thinly sliced
1            green onion
2 tsp      fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp    mayonnaise
2 tbsp    plain yougurt
2 tbsp    salad dressing (your favourite)
dash      salt and pepper
1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/3 cup dried cranberries


Thinly slice the cabbage, baby carrots, and the green onion, combine with the cilantro, mayo, yougurt, dressing, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the tomatoes and cranberries on top, and enjoy thoroughly!


It was so good, and super quick! I love meals (or sides) that come together in minutes. :)

Have you tried anything new recently?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I wish we had a Good Food Box equivalent here in Newfoundland - that is SO awesome! What a steal of a deal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)