Image Map

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Cleaning: Entrance

So this is an area that we always have trouble with in my house. This is the back entrance, and we don't have a great set-up, nor do we have a lot of space, but we work with what we have...
Yikes! I know! So first of all, on the right is a cupboard and it stays in this state (almost) most of the time. I did reorganize it, so it makes a little more sense. But between all the shoes and camping equipment it is usually quite full. But aside from the cupboard, let's clean up the rest! Starting with the boots.
So now that it is spring, we need to put away those winter boots. It is best to wash your winter boots with a cloth and warm water to remove any sand or salt, and when they dry store them away for the summer. You can see mine drying in the sun above (with laundry in the background, hehe).

Then, I take all my winter coats and pants and hang them in a closet in the basement. This makes room for Spring coats and rain jackets! yay! And since April showers bring May flowers I am excited about the rain! Take a look at the final product:

I reduced the clutter by putting winter boots and coats away in the closet downstairs. I cleaned the floors, and vacuumed the stairs. And I am so happy with the result, and I feel so much better with an  organized and clean entrance space.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)