Image Map

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

From the Box: Burritos

Remember a few weeks ago when I told you about the Good Food Box? (see post here) And I promised to share recipes of all the wonderful things I made? Well life has been so busy I have forgotten to do just that. Luckily last week when I made these quick and delicious burritos, I had a chance to snap a quick photo before they disappeared!

Look good? Find the ingredients and directions below!

This is kind of a clean-out-the-cupboard/fridge recipe
Burritos
6             soft tortillas
3 cups     rice, cooked
1 can       black beans (I added a can of baked beans because Reggie really likes them)
1/2 cup    tomato sauce (or diced tomatoes)
1 tsp        garlic powder
1/2 tsp     chipotle chili powder (or any chili powder)
                salt and pepper to taste
Toppings (totally up to you, but here are some suggestions)
grated cheese
sour cream
salsa
hot peppers
diced tomato
romaine lettuce*
sliced cabbage*
chopped green onions*

*the last three toppings are all things I got in the Good Food Box!

Directions
Heat the beans in a pot with the tomato sauce, garlic, chili spice, salt and pepper. When the rice is cooked and beans are heated layer on top of a soft tortilla with any toppings that you find delicious! Then attempt to roll your burrito, keeping all the filling inside (ha!). And finally enjoy!

Have you devoured something delicious recently? Tell me about it!

6 more days to enter the 1st May Giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, now I'm craving Mexican. These look so yummy! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)