Image Map

Friday, June 10, 2011

Popcorn!

Who doesn't love a good snack? A few years ago, a good friend of mine was concerned about my (heavy) consumption of microwave popcorn. She was kind enough to purchase an air-popper from a local second hand store, and some kernels. And I have to admit, I haven't used it as often as I would have liked. But recently Reggie and I were craving some popcorn, and I pulled it out to make a snack.
The very first time I used this machine I put waaay too many kernels in, and had a bit of a popcorn mess! This time I put less than 1/4 cup of kernels, and I think it was perfect. The popper pushes hot air out of a vent in the bottom of the appliance, and heats and spins the kernels. When they start to pop they come flying out the front. Look out! You put the butter in the top, and it heats up and melts - making a perfect topping for your freshly popped corn!
And because I didn't think the photo was a good enough example, I took a short video for you:
I wish you could hear the audio, it was hilarious! I was laughing so hard at the popcorn flying everywhere, and Reggie's comments in the background about me video-taping the popcorn maker - As only a blogger would!

What do you like for a snack? I think I might have to make this again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)