Image Map

Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's a Beautiful Thing!

So remember when I mentioned here, that I got a lovely present as one of my shower gifts. Now at the time it hadn't actually arrived, but the girls brought it to our weekend of celebrating this past weekend and I am in love!
Sorry the photo isn't that great, the natural lighting has been the pits recently! I decided my first order of business would be to whip up some cookies (recipe below), which of course Reggie was excited about. Also while reading the instructions I found out that you can get all sorts of attachments for grinding meat, stuffing sausages, making pasta, etc. And I have to say Reggie and I thought that was pretty exciting too!
Easy Peaunt Butter Cookies

½ cup  peanut butter
2 tbsp  butter, softened
¾ cup  sugar
1          egg, at room temperature
1 cup   all-purpose flour
½ tsp   baking powder
½ tsp   salt

Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside. Add the peanut butter, butter, and sugar to the mixer and blend on medium. On low speed add the egg, and increase speed slowly until well mixed. On low speed add the dry ingredients a few tablespoons at a time, increase speed to medium until just mixed.

On a greased cookie sheet roll dough into 1” balls and press down with a moist fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let stand for a couple minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy one or two while they are still warm! Store in an airtight container. Makes about 2 dozen.

Good thing we are getting into a cooler season. I see a lot of baking in my near future!
xox

1 comment:

  1. Classic item; trust it will last you as long as the older models have served their owners!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)