Image Map

Monday, October 3, 2011

In the Garden: Last Harvest (Almost)

I say almost because I left a few tomatoes and peppers out there on the plants just in case it got warm enough for them to grow and ripen a little more. Many of the tomatoes I took off yesterday were still green. I will leave them for a little while to see if they ripen, and if not I think I'll make some salsa verde! Don't worry, I'll be sure to share:)
I was pretty happy with what I got from the garden yesterday - it has been so cold recently I was sure everything was gone. But here we have tomatoes, red skinned potatoes, banana peppers, and a couple carrots. I have already used most of the peppers in a spaghetti sauce, delicious!
I'll be planting some bulbs soon, and prepping all the gardens for winter. I'm sorry to say it, but it is coming. And this year I want to be ready!

I know some of you are still planting and growing, how are things going? And for those who, like me, and feeling the threat of the cold winter season... Are you ready?
xox

1 comment:

  1. My garden is going well I have some things growing and decided to plant more lettuce. I cannot wait to see how my garden turns out. I have been tending that garden on a daily basis. I also cannot wait to see your salsa verde recipe if you post it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)