Image Map

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Caramel Brickle Thumbprints: With Dandelions and Lace


Hi everybody! I'm Amanda from Dandelions and Lace and I'm so excited to share my cookie recipe with you! My cookies are called Caramel Brickle Thumbprints and they are yummy! I think one of the best things about them is their size... they're small, so you won't feel guilty having a bunch! Plus, they are a nice break from all the chocolate overload this time of year (yes, I am a chocoholic myself, but chocolate overload can and does happen, folks!).


You will need:
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup soft butter
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup toffee baking chips

20 caramel squares
1/4 cup half and half


Start by mixing the flour, sugar, egg, butter and baking powder into a dough.


Add your toffee bits and mix. You may have to use your hands to knead them in completely.


Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place a couple inches apart on the cookie sheet. Then make an indention in the center of each cookie with your thumb.

Pop them in the oven at 350 degrees F for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned.

Then melt the caramels with the half and half and mix. Pour a bit of the caramel mixture into the crater of each litle cookie. Enjoy!


I think I was able to make 60 or 65 cookies from this recipe, so it makes a lot if you keep them on the small side.


Caramel Brickle Thumbprints

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup soft butter
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup toffee baking chips

20 caramel squares
1/4 cup half and half

Beat sugar, butter, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Add flour and baking powder.  Stir until smooth.  Add toffee chips and knead to blend.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Shape into 1-inch balls.  Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. With thumb, make imprint on center of cookie. Bake at 350 degrees F for 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned around edges and set. Immediately remove from cookie sheet and cool.   Melt 20 caramels and 1/4 cup half & half & stir until smooth. Spoon on top of cookie.

Thank you so much, Margot, for having me on your beautiful blog!
Wishing you and all your readers a wonderful holiday season! :)

Amanda
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Amanda for your delicious recipe! That is one I will for sure have to try :) If you'd like to know a little more about Amanda please visit the Bio Page. And for previous recipes check the Cookie Countdown Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)