Image Map

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Easy Chocolate walnut Fudge


For as long as I can remember my mom has made fudge at Christmas time (here). So when I saw a rather simple fudge recipe while flipping through my latest version of Canadian Living I decided I had to share (Canadian Living, December 2011, p. 208).

1 cup   coarsely chopped walnuts
10 oz   bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used semisweet)
1 can    sweetened condensed milk (make sure it is sweetened!)
1 tsp    vanilla
¼ tsp   baking soda
Pinch   salt

On a baking sheet, toast walnuts in 350˚F oven until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Let cool. (Make sure you watch them while they are in the oven, they can go from not toasted to burnt in seconds!)
In a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate. Remove from heat. Stir in condensed milk, vanilla, baking soda and salt until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Immediately spread in a parchment lined 8-inch square cake pan. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.

Day 10! All wrapped up in a simple and delicious fudge recipe! Can you believe two weeks and it is Christmas Eve!? And we finally have a little snow around here :) I think Reggie and I are going to get our Christmas Tree this soon, and I can’t wait!

Happy Baking
xox

1 comment:

  1. I always make fudge with Marshmallow Creme. Fudge is delicious! I can't wait to try this! :) And I can't believe it's two weeks til Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)