Image Map

Thursday, December 15, 2011

White Chocolate Cheese Ball (Day 11, a little late)


This was supposed to be posted on Sunday, but it just didn't happen :)

Alright, so today’s cookie isn’t actually a cookie. But I’m sure it’s going to be delicious! Today we have a family Christmas gathering with my dad’s brothers and their children and grandchildren. It has become pretty busy since all my cousins had kids! I am brining homemade buns (here, recipe to come), and a plate of cookies. But I thought this sweet cheese ball would be a good addition! (From Gooseberry Patch Magazine, Christmas 2009, p. 46 - including the stolen photo above).

8 oz pkg.         Cream cheese, softened
½ cup              butter, softened
½ tsp               almond extract
¾ cup              powdered sugar
1 cup               white chocolate chips
½ cup              sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
¾ cup              sliced almonds, lightly toasted
Garnish: white chocolate curls and sweetened dried cranberries

Beat together cream cheese, butter, almond extract until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Stir in white chocolate chips and ½ cup cherries. Cover and refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 2 hours.
Place cream cheese mixture onto plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Refrigerate until ready to serve, or at least one hour. Roll ball in almonds before serving. Garnish top with white chocolate curls and dried cranberries, if desired. Serve with graham crackers, or other crackers more sweet than savoury.

So day 11 isn’t so bad, even though it isn’t a cookie recipe! And I do promise I will share that bun recipe, soon. I’m off to visit with family. I hope your weekend is full of pre-Christmas fun!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)