Image Map

Saturday, January 14, 2012

From the Stash: Overnight Bag

So I have wanted an overnight bag for sometime, and I've searched high and low on the web to find a tutorial or pattern that I like. But to no avail. So I've decided I am going to make one. And my system might be a little different then others, but I am happy with what I've got going.
So these are a few fabrics that I bought on super sale (not intending for them to coordinate) and I really wanted to use them for something. So I've decided that I'm going to make the bag with them, and because a few of the pieces are fat quarters I had to scale the size of the bag down a little to make sure it would fit with the fabric I want to use. So I might be making a few of these in the future. Also as you can imagine I don't want to use this fabric for my first draft, so I will make a trail version with other fabric, and then depending on how it goes I am going to use this fabric for the second. And you can see the beginnings of my pattern in the background!

Sooo excited. I will be sure to share updates on this as I make progress. :) I'm in Orillia for the weekend, visiting my parents. How are your weekend plans shaping up?
xox

1 comment:

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)