Image Map

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mat Pants, not Fat Pants

I made a decision around the time I found out I was pregnant, not to spend all my hard earned money on MAT clothes. Part of the reason being that my hard earned money is already allocated to another place, and the other part is that I think that maternity clothes are way overpriced for the amount of time you wear them (kind of like wedding dresses, and I already gave in and bought one of those).

So as I mentioned here, I chose to shop at the local salvation army to see if I could find a few pairs of pants that (almost) fit, to alter into maternity pants. I was lucky enough to find one pair of jeans and two pairs of work appropriate dress pants for a total of $13!
I had a pretty good idea of was going to make the transformation, but just to be sure I looked around the interwebs for some advice. I found a few really good tutorials here, here and here, which confirmed the plans I already had to basically cut off the waist/zipper and add jersey with stretch (or in my case my brother's old t-shirt).
I am pretty happy with the outcome, and they still have some growing room (we know I am going to get bigger than I already am!).
I will share the other two pairs of pants, when I alter them, and then along with some clothes I already have, and some borrowed MAT clothes from friends I should be all set for the next few months!

So far this has been a pretty amazing experience, and I'm excited for the rest of it! I hope you're all having a good week. I'll be checking in again soon!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)