Image Map

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

On the Mend... again

That's right I'm sick... again. I think it is because of the busy weekend I had this passed weekend. We moved my grandmother into a place with a higher level of care. I think it will be good for her to have more interactions with people on a regular basis. And though it was a positive weekend, it was a lot of work for me. Between driving there and back, visiting with a high school friend who has three adorable little boys, packing up one room, and moving things to another building, late nights and early mornings - it was a lot. I managed to fit in some sewing time, and worked on my overnight bag. I'm pretty happy with the outcome so far, don't worry I'll share later this week when I am planning my next from the stash project!

And after that busy weekend I wasn't feeling great when I went back to work on Monday, and then I woke up in the middle of night having difficulty breathing because my throat was so sore. I managed to get back to sleep and suffered through a day of work Tuesday and now I have a day off! I fell asleep on the couch last night at 7:30 and then moved down to the bed around 8:30, and I think the 10+ hours of sleep really helped. So for my day off I do have a few things planned:
Lots of tea drinking... because nothing makes feel better than a cut of hot tea with a little honey.
I'm going to make some granola, to have on hand for breakfasts.
Take Gunner out for a walk. The sunshine and fresh air will be good for both of us.
A little time with my sewing machine, to work on some on going projects. I'm also going to do a little New Year organizing and de-cluttering, some laundry, likely have a nap, catch up on some blog stuff, and find time for some relaxing!

So despite the cold, I'm going to have a good day (or perhaps I'll get tired in an hour and end up sleeping most of the day, which is ok too). I hope your hump day is swell!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)