Image Map

Friday, January 13, 2012

Summer Fresh

During the summer months I make sure to put aside some time for berry picking and preserving... and eating of course. I preserve them by canning, as either whole fruit in juice or jam, and by freezing. This is something I picked up while living in Newfoundland, they work so hard to find food on the land, and preserve it to last into the dark months of winter. Earlier this week I was craving some of that sweet summer flavour, and to my surprise when I looked in my frozen stash I had many more berries than I knew what to do with.
 
 
I defrosted some berries for my mini-shredded wheat for one breakfast. And a couple nights ago I decided to make a strawberry, rhubarb, blueberry, blackberry crisp for dessert. I might have had a little crisp this morning too. It is so wonderful to have the fresh, sweet taste of summer on such a snowy day as today!

Would you like a recipe for that mouth-watering crisp? Click here, I posted it almost a year ago!
Enjoy :)
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)