Image Map

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Project Meeracles: A Wonderful Cause :)

I thought I would stop in briefly this afternoon and mention a wonderful event that begins on Monday. Recently a friend invited me to an event on Facebook, it is a charity auction to raise money for a young girl who was diagnosed with Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma, a cancer rarely found in a child of her age.

The community is trying to raise money to support medical and travel expenses for this little girl, and of course my heart immediately went out to her. Knowing I don't have a lot of cash to purchase some of the wonderful 200+ auction items I decided I could perhaps do my part by donating something to the cause. I decided to donate some bibs similar to the ones I wrote about last week. So this weekend my from the stash project is to get about 6 up-cycled t-shirt bibs together to photograph and enter in the auction.

I ask you to at least take a look at the event on Facebook, here. And look at some of the auction items. If there is something you like, in all the wonderful items, perhaps you could at least bid! I don't know this girl personally, but I can only image how wonderful all the help would be if this were my little girl. :)

Thanks so much for your time, I hope you are having a lovely relaxing weekend!
xox

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great cause. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)