Image Map

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baking Challenge: Frying Pan Cookies & New Recipe!

So two weeks ago I shared this recipe, which was originally posted by Thursday:


So I finally had the chance to try these cookies out, and I tweaked the recipe just a little. Here's how my version went:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup dates, chopped
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 Rice Krispies
1-2 cups of shredded coconut (I used unsweetened, up to you)

Directions:
Melt butter, and allow to cool slightly. Beat eggs well, combine with brown sugar and butter. Add dates. Cook this mixture over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.

Allow mixture to cool slightly, add salt, vanilla and Rice Krispies.

Mixture must cool significantly before you can handle! Pour coconut into a low bowl, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

With greased hands roll teaspoon of mixture into a ball and then roll in coconut. Place on baking sheet and allow to cool completely. You will likely want to wash your hands and re-grease every 5 cookies or so, they can get very messy. Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 1 week.

And here's the photo version of the recipe:
 
 
 
 
As you can see, I didn't actually make these in a frying pan. I chose to use a sauce pan. And I'm happy to report they are quite tasty! Please comment below if you try them, or if you have an interesting recipe you'd like me to try :)

As for our next project, this is what I'm looking at:
I'd love it if you'd join in! Check back in two weeks to see how I make out :)

xox


3 comments:

  1. Yum! I will definitely have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you actually managed to decipher this recipe. You're like a baking wizard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Margot! See I was picturing something completely different. I'm very intrigued about these Apple Puffs. That sounds like something I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)