Image Map

Sunday, May 13, 2012

In the Garden: Enjoying Sunshine!

First of all Happy Mother's Day to all the fantastic mother's out there! I'm excited to be joining your ranks soon :) (which means, no Pip yet).

Yesterday was warm and sunny and I decided to take my seedlings outside for some warm weather and sun. They seemed to really like the bright sunshine and warm breeze. My tomatoes are coming along nicely, but my pepper plants are struggling. I've heard many people say that it's not worth it to plant peppers, because they never work. But I am finding, that although it takes a little more patience I am having success. Of all the pepper seeds I planted only one has sprouted, but the other five are coming along nicely. They are small, but I have faith that they will produce!

I think I might plant some, or maybe all, of the pepper plants in pots and keep them on the deck. Because they will be going outside later than the tomatoes, I think this will be an easier way to keep an eye on them. We will see how things turn out. My planting is going to wait until after Pip is born, because I don't think I can prep the garden bed and bend over to plant all those seedlings/seeds. And it will give me something to do on nice warm afternoons.

I hope your having a lovely Sunday so far. I went to a craft show yesterday with my MIL and SIL. It is the May equivalent of the one I have been accepted to in December, so I wanted to go check it out, and see what it was all about - I'll be sharing a little more on that later! :)

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)