Image Map

Monday, May 14, 2012

Introducing: Nessbow

Today I have a little introduction for you from one of my large sponsors. Have a read and learn a little more about her!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings Newfoundlander At Heart readers!  I’m Vanessa, and I blog over at Nessbow.   I’m lucky enough to be one of Margot’s sponsors this month.  I just love Margot’s blog, don’t you?  Today, I thought I’d introduce myself and then tell you a few funny things about me.

 My blog is an eclectic mix of all the things that make me happy, including outfit photos, geekery, recipes, beauty tutorials, productivity, self-care, budgeting and pictures of adorable cats.  I like to write mostly about fashion and personal style, because it’s something I’m really passionate about.  I am pretty daring with my outfits, and I love encouraging others to dress the way they want to.  It’s always fun to write something that inspires one of my readers to try something new.  I think everyone should have the opportunity to dress in a way that makes them truly happy, and I love sharing my style!

I wasn’t always so adventurous with the way I dressed though.  I grew up in a conservative country town in Victoria, Australia.  There wasn’t a lot of variety in the clothing that was available, and the townsfolk weren’t always receptive to people who dressed differently from the norm.  When I moved to Melbourne for university, my personal style exploded in a flurry of thrifted garments, bright colours and wild jewellery.  I’ve recently moved back to my hometown, and I’m having a lot of fun shocking the locals with my left-of-centre ensembles.

I live in a lovely house with my devastatingly handsome boyfriend.  We have two devious kitties named Ringo and Jellylorum.  Our house has a gorgeous kitchen, a huge yard and an entire room devoted to comic books.  It’s a haven.

I spend most of my spare time writing, taking photographs for my blog and playing dress ups.  I’m also mad for yoga, baking and watching hours of British comedy.  On top of all that, I run an etsy store, where I sell hand-made crafts and e-books.

For a bit of fun, I thought I’d share ten fun facts about myself:
  1. I was stung by a jellyfish when I was 16.  It was almost certainly the most painful experience of my life.
  2. I make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world.  Seriously, they’re legendary.
  3. My two favourite films are The Wizard of Oz and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. 
  4. It rains on my birthday every year.  Without fail.
  5. I’m not much of a coffee drinker, but I adore tea.  I have an entire shelf in my pantry devoted to all the varieties of tea I’ve collected.
  6. I love dressing in costumes.  I’ll dress up at any chance I get.
  7. I used to work as an Avon lady.
  8. I’m a total wuss when it comes to scary movies.  I’ll have nightmares for ages if I watch any horror film (even terrible ones).
  9. I do several great voice impersonations.  My best one is Ralph Wiggum from The Simpsons.
  10. I hate paying full-price for anything.  I prefer to get things on sale or second hand.
So, there’s a bit about me!  It’s so nice to meet you.  If you’ve got a spare couple of minutes, please feel encouraged to pop on over to my blog and say hello.  I’d love to hear a bit about you.

I’d also like to say thank you to Margot for having me as her guest.  It’s been wonderful to contribute to this gorgeous little space she’s created.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find Vanessa at her blog, facebook or twitter account if you'd like to learn a little more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)