Image Map

Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 17: Snickerdoodles with Megan

I know what you're thinking, we've already seen this recipe! Well this is from a different guest baker, and it was just too cute to pass up. Take a look and see how Megan and her little helper make these tasty treats :)
----------------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas!! 
My name is Megan from {And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson}. I'm really excited to share one of my favorite cookie recipes with you all today for Margot's Christmas Cookie Countdown. I always loved making Snickerdoodles with my mom and being her special helper to roll the dough in the cinnamon & sugar. Now I love that I can pass on the tradition with my son and we can make those memories together.  

This recipe is adapted from the Lion House Cookbook.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 T. water
6 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

+ plus one cute little helper! 

DIRECTIONS: 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In medium bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside. 
3. In large mixing bowl, combine butter and 2 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, vanilla, and water; beat until fluffy. 
5. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, turning mixer on and off in quick bursts at low speed until flour is nearly blended in. Continue mixing at medium speed until well mixed.


 6. Make sure your helper approves of the dough

7. Shape dough by rounded tablespoonfuls & roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. 
8. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 5 dozen 3-inch cookies.
And makes for one happy boy! 

Thank you for letting me share one of my favorite cookie recipes with you today!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season filled with lots of love, memories, and sugary treats. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)