Image Map

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4: German Vanille Kipferl with Chrissy

Hi, I am Chrissy from Whimsical Poppysmic and happy to be participating in Margot's Christmas Cookie Countdown this year. I am from Germany, so I am presenting you a typical German Christmas cookie. I am not sure they origin from Germany, but we have always been baking them ever since I can remember. So, have fun baking and enjoy these delicious little scones!
Vanille Kipferl
German Vanille Kipferl - Vanilla Scones

Ingredients
  • 200g / 7 oz  unsalted margarine
  • 100g / 3 1/2 oz sugar
  • 1/2 vanilla bean
  • 100g / 3 1/2 oz  unskinned almonds
  • 260g / 9 oz plain flour
  • 50g / 1 3/4 oz sugar
  • 8g / 1/4 oz vanilla sugar


Directions

Pre-heat oven to 375 ° F

Combine the unsalted margarine and the sugar until a smooth mixture results.
Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise, scratch out the vanilla core and add to the margarine.

Finely ground the almonds and knead with flour in the margarine mixture.

Form a ball and wrap in aluminum foil. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Form the dough into a roll of 4 cm diameter and cut 2 cm slices from it. Form little scones and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking sheet.

Bake the vanilla scones for 10 minutes on the middle rung or until light brown.

Mix the vanilla sugar and the remaining sugar and sprinkle over the hot cookies after taking them out of the oven. Let them cool off on the baking tray, because they are very fragile while they are still hot and could break. To keep the vanilla scones fresh and crunchy put them into a cookie tin.

I found the recipe over here in case you are interested in finding even more yummy recipes!

Happy Baking!

Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me, Margot! Love being part of this! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)