Image Map

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Approaching Minimalism

 So after I decided to simplify our life this year, I was told of this great challenge by Nourishing Minimalism. The challenge is to reduce the clutter in your life, by getting rid of 2014 items in 2014. At first I thought this was crazy! 2014 things! That is a lot of stuff. But then I was doing the post Christmas purge, and decided to count the items I was going to donate anyways... I got to 100 without even trying, and decided I might as well join in.

So now, after a little over two weeks I have purged over 500 items, and I am feeling great! There is still a lot of stuff to get rid of, and even more to go through, but it feels good to be simplifying.

I am not sure that we will ever be minimalists (Reggie and I have far too many hobbies), but it would just be great to be approaching minimalism by reducing the stuff that always seems to be taking up our space and time!

Anyways, if this is something that interests you I would definitely click through the link above and read a little about it on your own :)

Happy de-cluttering
xox
Margot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for spending some time with me, if you're feeling up to it please leave me a note. I really enjoy them, and take the time to read every single one! :)